CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) — A Clearwater man is getting a lot of eyes on a Facebook post after sharing his “family tradition” of defrosting their Thanksgiving turkey.
In the video, which he aired live on Facebook, Mark O’Donnell records his family dumping their 16-pound turkey into their swimming pool to defrost. It’s a tradition that’s lived on for 18 years.
“We thaw our turkey in the pool,” he says in the video. “That’s what you do when you live in Florida, right?”
It’s a technique that’s sure to put O’Donnell in the running for ‘Florida man’ of the year.
O’Donnell says he triple checks for any leaks in the turkey before throwing it into the chlorinated water.
Only in Florida…
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue