BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — Family, friends and many people from the community will come together to remember the life of 8-year-old Royta Giles Jr.
Royta was a student at Jonesboro Elementary School, who the assistant principal says was a “bright, charismatic second-grader who had the ‘it’ factor and wanted to grow up and someday be a musician.”
There is now a makeshift memorial at the Riverchase Galleria in front of the Children’s Place where there are even musical notes on display in honor of him.
Authorities say that three men have been arrested in connection to the tragic incident where Royta lost his life and three others were injured.
The vigil is taking place at the Bessemer Recreation Center.
- Bars can reopen in Iberville Parish, officials say
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- New Orleans Saints release updated injury report with 3 new names
- Tropical Storm Beta leaves mark in Delcambre
- Drew Brees is focused on team success, not his stats through two games