West Baton Rouge Parish leaders are encouraging people to prepare now for the system developing in the Gulf of Mexico.
On Facebook, the parish posted there are sand and bags available. You must bring your own shovel. Six to eight inches of rain is expected through Monday.
Sand and bags are available at the following locations:
- William & Lee Park, 1631 Louisiana Ave. Port Allen
- Rivault Park, 900 South Jefferson Ave. Port Allen
- Alexander Park, 250 Elaine St. Brusly
- Erwinville Park, 5110 Rougon Rd, Port Allen
- Myhand Park, 8201 Laws Rd, Addis
Parish leaders want people to remember that driving rain and high winds, can make objects become airborne. They ask you to please keep limbs and debris out of the roadways and ditches to keep the drainage and traffic flowing.