BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- As Tropical Storm Laura expects to make landfall in the Gulf on August 26, West Baton Rouge officials want locals to expect power outages.
“Any individuals that are dependent on power for their medical needs should have plans in place, should they be out of power for a significant amount of time,” WBR officials said.
According to WBR, generators should be properly installed before the storm makes landfall and it is not recommended to back feed power without properly being installed by a licensed electrician.
The latest on the storm heading to the Gulf can be found here.
- Feds: 2 men breached NFL, NBA players’ social media accounts
- Amazon takes down ‘stand back and stand by’ merchandise
- District 11 Candidate: Johnathan Snyder
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- ‘It would create a constitutional crisis’: Democrats, Republicans clash on when to fill Supreme Court vacancy