WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Members of the Wichita Thunder and Thunder dog handed out donated bears to students on Wednesday at Linwood Elementary.
A few weeks ago, the Thunder had a teddy bear toss to collect the bears that were passed out.
KSN News talked to one Thunder player about the event.
“When we are home and just practicing, we have a lot of time. I try to fill that time, that void, by doing things that can impact others and help other people,” said Brendan Smith, Wichita Thunder player.
The bears were passed out to one grade at a time.
- At 84, Cajun musician Doug Kershaw still going strong
- How the 49ers and the Chiefs match up in the Super Bowl
- This Week in Louisiana Politics Louisiana: mayors in DC, impeachment trial, and teacher pay
- Super Bowl Saturday? Teen wants big game moved from Sunday
- Allons, Mardi Gras! Iota resident shares traditional Courir costume making