BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A 57-year-old woman injured herself after allegedly trying to set the entrance of Baton Rouge General Mid City on fire Monday morning.
Upon her release from a hospital, suspect Joyce Moses will be booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count of aggravated arson.
Firefighters arrived to BRG around 5 a.m. and discovered that Moses allegedly poured gasoline in the entrance and started a fire. Firefighters were able to contain the fire before it caused major damage, according to Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesperson Justin Hill.
- EBR Schools plans to improve the district and is receiving feedback from the community
- Gov. John Bel Edwards expects to end federal unemployment soon
- LSU coaches embrace new TAF president
- To alleviate crowding, Baton Rouge animal shelter will waive all adoption fees this week
- Meet Companion Animal Alliance’s dogs of the week, two Husky-mix sisters