LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) — A Largo woman was arrested Friday for misusing 911 by calling and texting the number to make non-criminal complaints about her husband, police said.
Police said Sylvia Shumaker, 69, used 911 multiple times via text and phone to ask for things like a counselor and how to file for divorce.
Police responded to Shumaker’s residence early Friday morning around 1:50.
Shumaker was reportedly “highly intoxicated” when being questioned by police.
She was arrested and charged with misuse of the 911 system.
- Parents react to Livingston Parish teachers “sick out” day
- Skydiving Sue: 80-year-old Alabama woman skydives to celebrate birthday
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- WEB EXTRA: Drew Brees speaks with the media after 34-24 loss to Raiders
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown