GADSDEN, Ala. (WIAT) — The Etowah County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a woman after she tested positive for using drugs while pregnant.
Mary Grace Montgomery, 23, has been charged with chemical endangerment of exposing a child to an environment in which controlled substances are ingested, produced or distributed.
According to ECSO, Montgomery tested positive for using cocaine and Benzodiazepine while she was four months pregnant. She is still pregnant at this time.
Montgomery is currently being at the Etowah County Jail on a $10,000 bond. She will be placed in a drug treatment program and be under supervision upon her release.
- Suspects ‘caught in the act’ of two separate burglaries in Louisiana
- 10-year-old sets up hot cocoa stand for nonprofit in Louisiana
- Local school districts react to decision by Governor Edwards
- COVID-19 long haulers are developing debilitating, chronic condition called POTS
- Obama memoir sells a record 1.7 million copies in first week