BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A woman has been arrested in a Baton Rouge arson case in which children were present at the time of the fire.
Shannon Blackson, 39, faces charges of aggravated arson, terrorizing and criminal damage to property.
She’s accused of setting a Howell Drive house on fire on April 3. Witnesses stated that the fire broke out after someone threw something through a window. Two children were inside the house at that time, according to Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesperson Justin Hill.
- Friday Morning: Gorgeous weekend; Storms next week
- THE LATEST: Charleston County Sheriff’s Office releases video of Jamal Sutherland in-custody death
- Louisiana House Republicans propose return-to-work bonus
- Caught on camera: More than 50 gunshots send children ducking for cover in neighborhood
- Lawyer for Dennis Perkins asks judge for separate trial from wife