BOSSIER CITY, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — A woman who was allegedly shot and killed by her boyfriend at a casino hotel in Bossier City has been identified.
According to Bossier City Police, 25-year-old Sara Elizabeth Hanson of Fort Worth, Texas, was fatally shot early Saturday morning at the Margaritaville Resort Casino.
Shortly after 2 a.m. officers responded to a domestic disturbance in the 700 block of Margaritaville Way.
Police later located Hanson inside one of the rooms with a gunshot wound.
Detectives identified Hanson’s boyfriend, 24-year-old Garrett Michael Benson, also of Fort Worth, as the suspect.
Benson was arrested and charged with second-degree murder. His bond has been set at $500,000.
- Louisiana man arrested after holding 2 people at gunpoint during standoff with deputies
- Obama endorses Perkins Senate run
- La. Secretary of State shares how-to video on filling out mail-in ballots, recommends returning early
- Louisiana man behind bars for sex crimes against a child
- Gov. Edwards asks that $175 million dollars be moved from Main Street Recovery Program to those affected by the coronavirus