ATHENS, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman faces a potential death penalty after being indicted on a capital murder charge in the death of her son, who was left in a car for hours.
Court records show 36-year-old Elizabeth Anne Case is accused of leaving 13-month-old Casen Caine Case in a car for seven hours. She was initially charged with felony murder and aggravated child abuse after the child died in October. A Limestone County grand jury returned the more serious charge after hearing evidence earlier this month.
An attorney for Case didn’t immediately return an email seeking comment Friday.
- Living with Diabetes during COVID
- Baton Rouge artists create unique Black Lives Matter mural
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July
- LSU releases “Road Map to Fall 2020” in preparation for classes to resume
- West Feliciana Parish High School graduation features caravan parade