ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A St. Petersburg woman is accused of allowing her two dogs to kill a duckling while the ducklings’ mother attempted to stop it.
According to witnesses, Bonnie Nave, 59, kicked the mother duck several times to allow her dogs to attack the duckling.
According to an arrest affidavit, Nave did not deny the attack but told deputies the ducks attacked her dog.
The affidavit stated that Nave thought the ducks were an invasive species.
Nave was booked into jail and later released on $5,000 bond.
- TROPICS WATCH: Tropical Depression Eleven quickly becomes Tropical Storm Imelda before Texas landfall
- Newsfeed Now for September 17: Crosswalk video goes viral; Arkansas model inspires others
- 2 in Louisiana community accused of school shooting threats
- Tennessee-Florida: Take a tour of ‘The Swamp’
- Pigeon poops on lawmaker discussing pigeon poop problem