ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A woman was taken to the hospital after being shot by St. Clair County sheriff deputies when she refused to put her gun down.
According to the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a home in the 1500 block of Baker Road in Ashville Thursday evening.
Upon arrival, deputies discovered a man deceased. A few moments later, deputies encountered a woman who was armed with a handgun.
Deputies asked her to drop the weapon multiple times. The requests were ignored and the woman pointed the gun at deputies. She was then shot, according to SCCSO.
The woman was taken to UAB for treatment via Lifesaver.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- ‘AGT’ season 15 winner describes his moment of victory
- BRAC, LSU, and Southern come together to retain graduates through a ‘Handshake’
- Mourners continue to pay respects to Ginsburg
- House Dems urge Senate to move forward with negotiations on next COVID relief bill
- 10 Louisiana schools to receive National Blue Ribbon School award