BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Woman’s Hospital is joining other local hospitals by updating their visitation policies.
The changes are happening because of the increase “in COVID cases across our community,” according to Woman’s Hospital.
The new visitation policy goes into effect on Tuesday, July 20 at 5:00 a.m.
Details about the new visitation policies can be found below:
- 2 support persons at all times in Labor & Delivery
- 2 parents or designated adult support persons at all times in the NICU
- 1 support person at all times in Mother/Baby, High Risk Unit, Med-Surg/Oncology and Adult ICU
- 1 support person at all times for surgery patients
- 1 support person for outpatient appointments
Other visitation rules that remain in place include:
- Support person(s) must be the same for the duration of stay.
- No visitors under the age of 18.
- Only one support person at all times in the Assessment Center.
- No visitors for imaging and lab services.
Woman’s Hospital states that “patients should contact their individual physician offices for policies regarding visitation at doctor visits.”