ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — A theme park worker has died after falling 200 feet from the Orlando Starflyer attraction on Monday, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
The 21-year-old man was performing a safety check when he fell to his death shortly before 8 a.m., authorities said on Monday.
Fire officials said the man fell 200 feet and struck a platform below the attraction. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation, according to WESH.
The 450-foot attraction opened in 2018.
No other details were available.
- Europe surpasses 1 million COVID-19 deaths, WHO says
- Demonstrators, police face-off outside Minnesota police department for 4th night
- Fatal police shooting at hospital caught on officer bodycams
- Port Allen restaurant manager says he’s concerned following COVID-19 spike
- Denham Springs Residents Early Vote on Funding for DSHS Athletic Facility Expansion Project