Election day is getting closer and voters in East Baton Rouge Parish will have a chance to hear what candidates have to say.
All six candidates running for East Baton Rouge Parish mayor-president will let their voices be heard Tuesday night for the only televised forum presented by the Baton Rouge Area Chamber.
According to a recent poll by JMC analytics, 19 percent of likely voters in EBR parish are undecided.
President and CEO of BRAC, Adam Knapp, says the forum may be the determining factor in the decision process for voters and the goal is to focus on the pressing issues facing East Baton Rouge.
There will be a total of 10 topics up for discussion including:
- Prioritize economic development and job creation, creating a unified vision to accelerate recovery from COVID-19
- Develop and drive significant financial investment into redevelopment and economic development in North Baton Rouge
- Improve and build traditional and multi-modal infrastructure
- Make it easier and more efficient to do business in and with the city-parish
- Aggressively drive redevelopment, blight abatement, and public maintenance
- Advance civic enhancement projects that will improve EBR’s quality of place
- Increase the number of people earning high-quality, industry-based credentials via EmployBR’s workforce development services
- Lower the crime rate and increase public trust in law enforcement
- Manage an equitable and transparent separation of the City of St. George, if the court challenge fails
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability
The forum will air at 7 p.m. on NBC 33 and Fox 44. You can also tune in on our BRProud’s Facebook page or website.