BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — In the race for U.S. Senate, John Kennedy secures another six-year term after facing a challenge from several candidates, including Democrats Gary Chambers and Luke Mixon.
Kennedy, the Republican incumbent, was endorsed early on by former President Donald Trump. Chambers made headlines with some of his ads while Mixon, for his part, had the backing of Governor John Bel Edwards.
To view election results, click here.
Watch Mixon’s concession speech:
Watch Chambers’ post-election reaction:
- Meet the Candidates: Louisiana U.S. Senate
- Senator John Kennedy discusses political violence, inflation on campaign trail
- Louisiana politician’s ad, ‘The next time you get in trouble, call a crackhead,’ garners attention
- Sen. Kennedy’s messaging in recent ad could’ve been clearer, Gov. Edwards says
- Senate candidate’s ad highlights Louisiana’s push to change marijuana laws