BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Winn-Dixie is partnering with Zulu Social Aid & Pleasure Club and will carry limited edition “Mardi Gras-to-Geaux” packages at all area stores beginning Jan. 20.
The special family meal solution packages reportedly feature local carnival favorites, including fried chicken, chips and drinks in a reusable Mardi Gras bag. Select bags will also include a limited edition Zulu coconut commemorating Winn Dixie’s 65 years in the Louisiana community.
“The Zulu Social Aid and Pleasure Club is again excited about the opportunity to share the organization’s cultural significance with Winn-Dixie and its shoppers,” said club President Bro. Elroy A. James. “And there is no better time to do that than Mardi Gras — a cultural celebration where Zulu has proudly made its most recognizable impact.”
The coconuts are available while supplies last.
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Diabetes: What to expect?
- Thursday Night: Fog and rain tonight; Numerous showers this Friday
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Beware COVID-19 scams: Here’s what to look for
- Texas man connected to U.S. Capitol riot surrenders to federal authorities