BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — National Dessert Day is Wednesday, Oct. 14 and the ‘best desserts’ across the Capital City are rising to the top on Yelp.
Thanks to Yelp.com, the most popular places with the best reviews in Baton Rouge to grab a sweet treat are Magpie Cafe, The Ambrosia Bakery and Les Amis Bake Shoppe. La Divina Italian Cafe and BLDG5 round out the top five.
Magpie Cafe, near the Perkins Overpass, is the most reviewed eatery when it comes to ‘best desserts,’ with 257 personal testimonies. The casual ambiance offers plenty of ‘grab-n-go’ options, both sweet and savory. Every morning, bakers make in-house pop tarts and scones, according to manager Ellen Herndon. “The flavors change daily and descriptions can be found in our Instagram Stories,” said Herndon.
The highest rated business in the ‘best dessert’ category on Yelp is Cupcake Junkie, 12240 Coursey Blvd., Suite B. With 54 top reviews, the bakery is best known for its cookies and cupcakes. Make sure to check out their Instagram page for special deals on orders by the dozen. Guests will also find Cookie Bombs, Junkie Bars, Candied Apples, Crackpop and more on the store’s menu.
The ten businesses for ‘best desserts’ with the highest average ratings are listed below. Based on Yelp’s retrieval methods, these businesses :
- Cupcake Junkie, 12240 Coursey Blvd.,
- BLDG5, 2805 Kalurah Street,
- Les Amis Bake Shoppe, 11826 Coursey Blvd.,
- Blue Rose Cafe & Bakery, 11950 Cloverland Ave.,
- Magpie Cafe, 3205 Perkins Road,
- Exotic Sweets, 7064 Siegen Lane,
- Our Mom’s, 250 W Lee Dr.,
- Smallcakes, 18135 E Petroleum Dr.,
- Nothing Bundt Cakes, 7620 Corporate Blvd.,
- Chef Schonberg’s Sweets (Delivery only).
Yelp’s “Most Reviewed” sort option reorders results by giving more weight to the overall number of reviews of businesses that are relevant to the query.
Yelp’s “Highest Rated” sort option reorders results by giving more weight to the overall star rating of businesses that are relevant to the query.
- Louisiana performing better than other Southern states when it comes to Covid-19
- Armed robber killed during home invasion, BRPD says
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Baby found burned, abandoned in Connecticut dumpster released from hospital
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force