BATON ROUGE, La. (BR Proud) — Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s announced plans to bring traditional in-person Santa visits back to their stores this holiday season, with heightened safety guidelines amidst the pandemic. The retailers said the experience will provide a reimagined and contactless Santa’s Wonderland experience, at no cost to families.
Families need to make a reservation online in advance. Spots are limited to allow appropriate social distancing and additional cleaning, according to a statement from the company.
Children can share their Christmas wishes directly with Santa Claus with the following safety measures in place:
- All families and team members will complete temperature screening with a non-contact thermometer prior to entering Santa’s Wonderland.
- A glare-free, clear protective barrier will be in place between Santa and families at all times to allow for a contactless experience. The shield is cleaned and sanitized between each visit.
- Families will standby in a designated area away from other shoppers where they are greeted with winter wonderland-themed floor decals and signage.
- Santa’s team of elves, also known as Santa’s Sanitation Squad, will clean all surfaces between each visit and ensure guests are adhering to all safety measures.
- All team members throughout the store are required to wear face coverings. Customer requirements vary by location based on local public health guidelines.
The experience begins with Santa’s arrival on Nov. 7 and runs through Dec. 24.