BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — It’s officially Mardi Gras season and with the cancellation of numerous events, the king cake is expected to reign supreme this carnival. Louisianans may now vote on which local bakery should take top honors, thanks to the sixth annual King Cake Snob awards.
People may vote through Feb. 9 at KingCakeSnob.com and be automatically entered in a weekly drawing to win their very own king cake.
There are two awards categories: traditional and filled. Any bakery in Louisiana can lay claim to the prize.
The 2020 competition resulted in reviews and votes for cakes from nearly 160 Louisiana bakeries, according to a release from King Cake Snob. Last year’s winners were Antoine’s Bakery King Cakes, with locations in Gretna and Metairie, for “Best Traditional” and Caluda’s King Cake of New Orleans, for “Best Filled.”
To vote now and see which bakeries are receiving the highest reviews in 2021, click here.
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Gymnastics Returns Home to Face No. 11 Georgia
- ‘Zip Tie Guy’ had 15 firearms, tactical gear in his home, court documents say
- Border wall construction goes on in spite of Biden mandate to stop it
- Dr. Fauci addresses coronavirus mutations, state of pandemic in first briefing of Biden administration