AUBURN, Ala. (WIAT) — Auburn football coach Gus Malzahn confirmed during his Tuesday morning press conference that the team is pausing all activities due to a COVID-19 outbreak.
Malzahn said nine players and three staffers tested positive during the bye week.
The Tigers’ game at Mississippi State this Saturday was postponed on Monday after the Bulldogs reported their own COVID-19 outbreak.
The status of Auburn’s Nov. 21 game against Tennessee has not been addressed.
- Biden involved with Senate Dems to pass $1.9T relief package
- Third stimulus check calculator: How much will you get?
- LSU set to increase capacity at outdoor sporting events
- Walmart to host two COVID-19 vaccine events this week in East Baton Rouge Parish
- Mainieri pleasantly surprised by freshman Tre’ Morgan’s talent