BATON ROUGE, La. (FOX 44/LOCAL 33) — No.1 LSU and No. 3 Clemson go head-to-head in the College Football National Championship Monday night in the Mercedes Benz Superdome.
Both teams have perfect records this season, but the LSU Tigers have six Top 10 wins over Top 10 teams while Clemson has only beaten three Top 25 Teams.
It’s been 12 years since the Bayou Bengal’s last National Title, while Clemson is the defending National Champions and has won two out of four in the CFB Playoffs.
Dabo Swinney and company are seeking their second straight undefeated season, but it’s been 25 years since Nebraska finished perfect and won back-to-back National Championships.
- Big Game Bound Week 7: Battle of the unbeatens
- LSU is reporting over 50 active positive COVID-19 cases
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Coroner in Louisiana warns of dangerous new drug as strong as fentanyl called ‘purple heroin’
- New Roads Police to hold fundraiser benefiting the family of Azariah Thomas