BATON ROUGE – LSU continues to be the most-watched team in college football in 2019 as 16.636 million viewers watched the top-ranked Tigers beat No. 2 Alabama, 46-41, on Saturday in Tuscaloosa.
The LSU-Alabama game was the most-watched regular season college football game in eight years no matter the network. Overall, the game drew a 9.7 rating with the audience peaking from 6 to 6:15 p.m. when viewership vaulted to 20.610 million viewers (a rating of 11.8).
It’s the fourth time this year, LSU has been part of the most-watched college football game for a weekend. Overall, LSU has played in three of the five – and four of the 15 – most-watched college football games in 2019 according to Sports Media Watch.
In week 2, LSU’s win over Texas in Austin on ABC led all college football telecasts with 8.63 million viewers.
In week 6, LSU’s win over Florida in Tiger Stadium on ESPN drew 6.45 million viewers, the most of any college football game that weekend.
Then on October 26, LSU’s game against Auburn in Tiger Stadium on CBS drew 7.175 million viewers for the highest-rated college football game of the week.
The top-ranked Tigers return to action on Saturday when they travel to Oxford to face Ole Miss. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. CT on ESPN.
Here’s the Top 15 Rated College Football Games for 2019 (according to Sports Media Watch)
Rank Game Viewers Rating
1. LSU at Alabama 16.64 million 9.7
2. Notre Dame vs. Georgia 9.29 million 5.4
3. LSU vs. Texas 8.63 million 5.0
4. Texas vs. Oklahoma 7.25 million 4.5
5. LSU vs. Auburn 7.18 million 4.3
6. Georgia vs. Florida 6.98 million 4.2
7. Oregon vs. Auburn 6.86 million 4.0
8. Notre Dame vs. Michigan 6.75 million 3.8
9. Penn State vs. Minnesota 6.74 million 4.3
10. Michigan vs. Penn State 6.66 million 4.0
11. Michigan State vs. Ohio State 6.68 million 3.9
12. Wisconsin vs. Ohio State 6.65 million 4.2
13. Texas A&M vs. Clemson 6.46 million 4.0
14. LSU vs. Florida 6.45 million 3.6
15. Auburn vs. Florida 6.43 million 3.9
(Press Release Provided by LSU Athletics)