GEISMAR, La. (BRPROUD) — For the second consecutive week, #7 Dutchtown dominated an opposing team at Griffin Field by over 40 points and rolled past #10 Chalmette, 48-7.
The Griffins started off the game with a six-and-a-half-minute drive capped off by a 10-yard touchdown run by wildcat quarterback Carter Hanberry. The long and physical possession foreshadowed what was in store for the Owls.
A strong second quarter by Dutchtown put the game away. The Griffins started the period up 7-0, but thanks to a 30-yard score from Dylan Dicharry, a 98-yard touchdown run by Hanberry and an easy trot into the end zone from Gary Dukes III, the Griffins led 28-0 heading into the locker room.
The Dutchtown defense stood strong for almost the entire night, allowing just one touchdown. Senior defensive back Kaden Mackey made a tremendous play in the first quarter to hold onto an interception and fellow senior Jeremy Jackson picked off another Chalmette deep pass in the second quarter.
Watch the video for highlights.
- Holiday train makes a stop in Baton Rouge
- ‘We cannot win the war without the US’: Ukrainian Parliament visits Louisiana
- Republicans urge Biden to suspend China travel amid uptick in respiratory illness
- Judge rejects Trump’s immunity argument in federal 2020 election case
- East Baton Rouge Parish residents to get tax notices next week