BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — No. 10 seed Parkview Baptist upset No. 7 seed Dunham 39-32 in the second round of the playoffs. The Tigers (8-3) jumped out to a 12-0 lead midway through the first quarter, then the Eagles (10-2) scored 21 unanswered points.
Quarterback Abram Johnston connected with wide receiver Brock Comeaux for three touchdown passes in the first half.
Parkview Baptist led 28-18 at the half in another shootout with the Tigers. Dunham’s defense made two big stops in the third.
Quarterback Elijah Haven found his favorite target Jac Comeaux for two passing touchdowns, one was the go-ahead score. The Tigers would go up 32-31 with 10:42 left in the fourth quarter.
Parkview responded with a Johnston touchdown pass to Cameron Favorite. The Eagles would go for two and Johnston’s scramble into the end zone making it, 39-32.
Dunham got the ball back with less than 20 seconds left in the game and they ran a trick play with multiple lateral passes before being pushed out of bounds to end the ballgame.
Parkview Baptist will face Calvary Baptist in the quarterfinals next Friday.
- Judge rejects Trump’s immunity argument in federal 2020 election case
- East Baton Rouge Parish residents to get tax notices next week
- How to care for a real Christmas tree
- Baton Rouge shoe store launches Voodoo themed sneaker
- ‘Killer preying on the unhoused’: LA police seek suspect after 3 men found dead