BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — No. 10 seed Parkview Baptist goes head-to-head with No. 7 seed Dunham in the second round of the playoffs Friday night. It’s a rematch from 11 weeks ago when both offenses shined with a combined 1,147 total yards of offense.
It was an absolute shootout in week one between the Eagles and the Tigers. Senior quarterback Abram Johnston showed out while Elijah Haven made a statement in his debut as the starting quarterback for the Dunham School.
Johnston finished with 408 total yards of offense, 231 passing and 177 rushing with five total touchdowns. Haven topped that with 379 passing yards and five touchdowns, while rushing for 155 yards and two more scores. Neither quarterback threw an interception.
This week’s showdown might not have as much offensive fireworks, but the last five games between these two programs has been decided by six points or less.
- Increase in Louisiana early voting pushes campaign season earlier
- Giuliani ‘hijacked’ lives of two Georgia election workers, lawyer argues
- 6-story building partially collapses in the Bronx: FDNY
- Dramatic Texas case underscores minefields for courts on abortion
- George Santos ‘presently engaged in plea negotiations,’ US attorney says