BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Multiple sources reported Wednesday morning that LSU starting quarterback Myles Brennan is “doubtful” for Saturday’s game against Florida, according to head football coach Ed Orgeron.
In his weekly Zoom press conference, Orgeron told reporters Brennan did not practice on Monday because he was “sore.”
Brennan took a hard hit near the sideline, just before half-time during the Tigers’ last match-up against Missouri on Oct. 10. The quarterback appeared to bounce back and played the rest of the game, where LSU ultimately lost 45-41.
The Tigers’ roster has two true freshman, TJ Finley and Max Johnson, who could take Brennan’s place against Florida Saturday, however neither has yet to play any college snaps.
Kick-off is at 3 p.m. CT on Oct. 17.
- Louisiana performing better than other Southern states when it comes to Covid-19
- Armed robber killed during home invasion, BRPD says
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Baby found burned, abandoned in Connecticut dumpster released from hospital
- DOJ announces national police training center to help reduce excessive force