BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Louisiana State University’s defensive end Ray Parker, whose birth name is Ramorien Armontrez Parker, was arrested for battery of a dating partner and criminal damage to property Wednesday.
LSU Police say they responded to a disturbance call around 2:30 a.m. at a Nicholson Gateway apartment. A female told police she had “been involved in a dating relationship” with Parker for about a year and he had visited her residence earlier that morning. The victim said Parker became enraged during conversation, ultimately destroying items and pushing her into a dresser. Official police records say the victim showed police a shattered iPhone 10, valued at $1,600 and a scrape to her hip.
Parker subsequently visited the LSU Police Department Wednesday morning to meet with an officer. Records show Parker was placed under arrest at 7 a.m. and transferred to the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison. He faces charges of battery of a dating partner and a felony charge of criminal damage to property, due to the value exceeding $500.
LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron announced Parker’s indefinite suspension from the team Wednesday afternoon.
- Baton Rouge Police Department searching for suspect accused of killing ex girlfriend
- Louisiana man facing two sex offense charges involving teenage girl posts bail, leaves jail
- Restaurant owners adjust to phase 3
- City of Baker to offer free COVID-19 testing in church parking lot Sept. 25
- City of New Roads to host 11th Annual Spring Street Car Show