NEW ORLEANS, La. (WDSU) — The New Orleans Saints are expected to announce Taysom Hill as the team’s starting quarterback this Sunday against rival Atlanta Falcons this weekend in the Superdome, according to NFL Insider Ian Rapport.
Hill is expected to get the call to start over Jameis Winston.
Drew Brees was injured with broken ribs and a collapsed lung against the 49ers.
Winston finished the game for him.
Hill has been with the Saints since 2017 and has played in a variety of roles.
This would be Hill’s first NFL game as start at quarterback.
Intrigue in New Orleans: The #Saints have given QB Taysom Hill starter reps in practice this week, source said. So while Jameis Winston took over for injured Drew Brees last week, signs are pointing towards Hill getting his first NFL start at QB if all checks out after practice.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 20, 2020
- US agrees, for now, to stop deporting women who alleged abuse
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Senator from Louisiana states that “the transition should begin for the sake of the country”
- Keep holiday gift-giving on budget with these companies that ship free
- Pelicans acquire Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe in trade