BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- As southwest Louisiana suffers from Hurricane Laura’s impact, the LSU alumni association decided it is time to do their part.
What makes this donation unique is the opportunity for anyone around the country to make a donation. The LSU alumni association created an Amazon wish list for those who can not make a donation in person.
The idea for an Amazon wish list came after alumni around the country asked the university how can they help Hurricane Laura victims.
“We had out reach from Florida, California, New York, Seattle, all over the country. Ranging from alumni and our SEC partner schools,” LSU senior director of alumni engagement and marketing, Sally Stiel said.
The Amazon wish list is part of the association’s week long donation drop off at two Baton Rouge locations. Items purchased off of Amazon will be added to the supplies gathered in person.
“It’s really unique to see everyone to come together and help during these times,” Stiel said.
LSU alumni association is asking for the following items:
- Cleaning supplies
- Non-perishable food items
- Box fans
- Pet food
- Plastic utensils
- Baby wipes
- Bottled water
- Trash bags and more.
Donations will be collected from September 8-11 from 11 am – 1 pm at 3838 West Lakeshore Dr and 3753 Perkin Rd, Suite D.
LSU alumni association has also partnered up with Counterspace as another location for drop off.
Those who want to purchase off the hurricane relief Amazon wish list can visit here.
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- Mayor-President Broome “pleased” with Baton Rouge efforts to ease COVID-19 spread
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
- LDH confirms 5,262 total deaths due to COVID-19, 163,928 confirmed cases
- ‘My dog’s shot’: Police video shows deadly shootout that wounded a K-9