BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- The Perfect Games Foundation is coming to Baton Rouge to help play baseball and raise money to help beat cancer.
A home run derby will take place August 29 at Traction Sports at 10 a.m.
10-year-old Paxton Rivet, who overcame heart issues will throw out the first pitch, according to Perfect Games.
The money raised at the event will go directly to kids battling cancer.
Two time MLB Champion, Ryan Theriot will attend the event as a special guest.
Donations for the Baton Rouge games can be made here.
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- Family in Louisiana shares hope after house was destroyed by a fire 4 days before Thanksgiving
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- NFL makes history with all-Black officiating crew for Monday Night Football
- 7 a.m. Traffic Update – November 24