BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPRPOUD) — An unrestrained 1-year-old died Sunday in a crash on north I-10 in Baton Rouge after being ejected from a vehicle.
The crash occurred just after 9 p.m. when an unknown vehicle struck the side-rear of a Chevy Impala, causing the Impala to lose control and hit a concrete barrier on the side of the road, according to Baton Rouge Police Department spokesperson Sgt. L’Jean Mckneely Jr.
The Impala then flipped over, and 1-year-old Ruben Scott Jr., who was not properly restrained, was ejected from the vehicle.
An additional passenger in the Impala suffered non-life threatening injuries. The driver and two other passengers were uninjured.
A Pontiac was also involved in the crash, and its driver was uninjured.
- Talks of moratorium rise among Livingston Parish residents
- LSU Board votes in favor of mandating COVID-19 vaccine for students
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- Friday Night: PTC #3 skirts to the east; Breezy with periods of rain tonight
- LSU Swimmer turns USA podium purple, gold & jorts