Tuesday Morning: Warm and humid with spotty storms today; Strong storms possible Wednesday night – early Thursday

Weather

Today & Tonight: Clouds and sun with highs in the upper 70s to lower 80s. Pop-up showers and storms will likely develop around lunchtime through the early evening hours. Rain chance is around 30-40%. Not all areas will see rain – best chance will be along and north of I-10/I-12. Overnight temperature near 63°F.

Wednesday: A cold front will begin to move into the region. It will likely stall out, which would lead to rain chances into the weekend. For now, we are forecasting around a 20-30% for rain during the day, but rain chances will increase to around 70% Wednesday night through Thursday morning. We may even have to watch for strong to severe storms. The SPC has placed our area under a Marginal Risk for severe weather – mainly for late Wednesday through early Thursday morning. Stay tuned as we iron out the forecast. Otherwise, it’s going to mostly cloudy, warm and breezy. Highs will be in the lower 80s. Overnight temperature near 65°F.

Thursday: Rain will be around very early Thursday. There may be some rain around during the second half of the day, as well – Rain chance is around 30% for now. High near 83°F. Overnight temperature around 65°F.

Friday & Weekend: Scattered showers and storms at times Friday and Saturday. Rain chances look to be around 40% on Friday, 50% on Saturday, and 30% on Sunday. We may have to watch for strong storms and heavy rain Friday and Saturday. Highs will be in the lower 80s.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News
Sunny

Baton Rouge

45°F Sunny Feels like 42°
Wind
6 mph NNE
Humidity
71%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 54F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
54°F Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 54F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wind
8 mph ESE
Precip
15%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waxing Gibbous
Sunny

Denham Springs

45°F Sunny Feels like 42°
Wind
5 mph NE
Humidity
71%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 53F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
53°F Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 53F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wind
7 mph ESE
Precip
15%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waxing Gibbous
Sunny

Zachary

45°F Sunny Feels like 42°
Wind
6 mph NE
Humidity
70%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 53F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
54°F Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 53F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wind
7 mph ESE
Precip
15%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waxing Gibbous
Sunny

Port Allen

46°F Sunny Feels like 43°
Wind
6 mph NE
Humidity
71%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Partly cloudy skies early will give way to cloudy skies late. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low around 55F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
55°F Partly cloudy skies early will give way to cloudy skies late. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low around 55F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wind
8 mph ESE
Precip
15%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waxing Gibbous
Sunny

Saint Francisville

46°F Sunny Feels like 43°
Wind
6 mph NE
Humidity
66%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Partly cloudy skies this evening will become overcast overnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 54F. Winds light and variable.
54°F Partly cloudy skies this evening will become overcast overnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low 54F. Winds light and variable.
Wind
6 mph SE
Precip
15%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waxing Gibbous
Sunny

Gonzales

47°F Sunny Feels like 44°
Wind
5 mph NE
Humidity
72%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Partly cloudy skies this evening will become overcast overnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low near 55F. Winds light and variable.
55°F Partly cloudy skies this evening will become overcast overnight. Slight chance of a rain shower. Low near 55F. Winds light and variable.
Wind
6 mph ESE
Precip
15%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waxing Gibbous

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories