Wednesday Morning: Another gorgeous spring day; Rain and heat return

Weather

StormTracker Morning Forecast…

Today: Mostly sunny to partly cloudy with highs in the mid 60s to around 70°F. Wind will be out of the north between 5 and 15 miles per hour. A few coastal showers will be possible.

Tonight: Mainly clear and chilly. Overnight temperatures will be in the mid 40s to around 50. Some areas near the Louisiana/Mississippi state line may dip into the lower 40s. Wind will be light.

Thursday: Another beautiful day is in store for us. Mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies and seasonal with highs in the mid 70s. Overnight temperatures will be a bit warmer in the low and mid 50s.

Friday: A cold front will pass through the area, which will increase rain chances slightly. Rain chance is currently around 20-30%. Highs will be in the upper 70s to lower 80s.

Weekend: The Friday cold front will begin to lift back to the north as a warm front on Saturday and Sunday. Rain chance is near 30-40% on Saturday. Another front will move in on Sunday and pass to the east of our area by Monday to clear us out, but before then, expect numerous showers and isolated storms on Sunday. Rain chance is near 60%. It is still too soon to determine exact timing and intensity. Rainfall totals look to be between 0.50″- 1.50″. Be sure to stay tuned as we fine-tune the forecast. Highs near 81 on Saturday and 83 on Sunday.

Next Week: A few morning showers on Monday. Above-normal temperatures in the low and mid 80s. Rain chances return by mid-week.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Broken Clouds

Baton Rouge

72°F Broken Clouds Feels like 72°
Wind
5 mph ENE
Humidity
97%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
73°F Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wind
6 mph S
Precip
60%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Full
Broken Clouds

Denham Springs

72°F Broken Clouds Feels like 72°
Wind
5 mph ENE
Humidity
97%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
73°F Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wind
6 mph S
Precip
60%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Full
Broken Clouds

Zachary

72°F Broken Clouds Feels like 72°
Wind
5 mph ENE
Humidity
97%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
73°F Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wind
6 mph S
Precip
60%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Full
Broken Clouds

Port Allen

72°F Broken Clouds Feels like 72°
Wind
5 mph ENE
Humidity
97%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
73°F Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wind
6 mph S
Precip
60%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Full
Clear

Saint Francisville

72°F Clear Feels like 72°
Wind
0 mph
Humidity
100%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
73°F Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wind
6 mph S
Precip
60%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Full
Scattered Clouds

Gonzales

75°F Scattered Clouds Feels like 75°
Wind
mph
Humidity
91%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
73°F Variable clouds with scattered thunderstorms. Low near 73F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Wind
6 mph S
Precip
60%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Full

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories