Wet weather at times this holiday weekend

Weather

StormTracker forecast…A surface low pressure system is expected to form in the northern Gulf of Mexico on Friday and track toward Florida this weekend, which means most of the rain, especially the heavy rain, will stay to our east and southeast. For now, we are forecasting a 60% chance for rain on Saturday and Saturday night and 40% chance for wet weather on Sunday.

We can expect off-and-on rain through the day and night on Saturday. An upper-level low will move across the northern Gulf Coast on Sunday, which will keep rain chances elevated. Our area may see around 0.25-1.25″ of rain through Monday — Some areas could see more than that. These rain totals could change, all depending on where the Gulf low ends up tracking. Ultimately, the heaviest rain totals AND the greatest rain coverage should remain to our southeast and east. Highs will mainly be in the 50s thanks to the rain and cloud cover. Stay tuned for changes this weekend. All in all, plan on some wet weather at times this weekend.

We’ll continue to see off-and-on showers on Saturday night and again on Sunday. There may be a brief period of dryness between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m., but showers will pick up after midnight, continuing until tomorrow evening. That is when showers begin to clear. Sunday night looks to be dry and mostly cloudy.

For your Christmas forecast, you can click here for the details. You can always view the Interactive Radar here.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Few Clouds

Baton Rouge

85°F Few Clouds Feels like 97°
Wind
0 mph
Humidity
80%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
78°F Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
Wind
5 mph W
Precip
20%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waning Gibbous
Few Clouds

Denham Springs

85°F Few Clouds Feels like 97°
Wind
0 mph
Humidity
80%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
78°F Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
Wind
5 mph W
Precip
20%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waning Gibbous
Few Clouds

Zachary

85°F Few Clouds Feels like 97°
Wind
0 mph
Humidity
80%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
78°F Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
Wind
5 mph W
Precip
20%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waning Gibbous
Few Clouds

Port Allen

85°F Few Clouds Feels like 97°
Wind
0 mph
Humidity
80%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
78°F Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
Wind
5 mph W
Precip
20%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waning Gibbous
Clear

Saint Francisville

81°F Clear Feels like 89°
Wind
0 mph
Humidity
100%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
78°F Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
Wind
5 mph W
Precip
20%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waning Gibbous
Scattered Clouds

Gonzales

86°F Scattered Clouds Feels like 99°
Wind
0 mph
Humidity
78%
Sunrise
Sunset

Tonight

Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
78°F Mostly clear. Low near 78F. Winds light and variable.
Wind
5 mph W
Precip
20%
Sunset
Moon Phase
Waning Gibbous

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories